Lil’ Bo’s Petite Sweet Vidalia Onions are wonderful sliced onto any salad. In this recipe they are given a new twist! They’re marinated in cider vinegar to add extra flavor and to form the basis of the salad dressing. You will have enough of the marinated onions and salad dressing for 8 individual salads.
Serves 8 as a side salad
• 3 tbsp cider vinegar, divided
• coarse black pepper
• 2 Lil’ Bo’s Petite Sweet Vidalia Onions, trimmed of tops and root end
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• ¼ tsp granulated sugar
• 10 ounces dark salad greens (baby spinach or a mix including baby kale is perfect)
• 8 ounces of plain soft goat cheese, at room temperature
• 2 cups of pomegranate seeds
1) In a medium-sized bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the cider vinegar with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Thinly slice the onions and stir them with the vinegar mixture until they’re thoroughly coated. Set aside for 20 minutes. Proceed with the recipe or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
2) To the onions add the olive oil, the remaining 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and the sugar. Stir to combine.
3) Divide the salad greens between 8 medium-sized plates. Use a fork to lift about ¼ cup of the marinated onions out of the liquid and onto each plate. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the juices from the bowl. Top each salad with 1 ounce of the goat cheese divided into 4-5 pieces. Finish by sprinkling each salad with 1/8 of a cup of pomegranate seeds.